“Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.”
This is the only mailpiece design certification program approved by the US Postal Service. This self-paced eLearning course was announced during the National Postal Forum – the cost is $75 per person payable through NCED.
This course includes:
• Postal addressing standards
• Classes of mail and processing categories
• POSTNET, Intelligent Mail and parcel barcoding formats, and print specifications
• Designing automation letters and flats (tabbing, polywrap, deflection, flexibility, etc.)
• Reply mail (Business, Courtesy, Meter, and Permit Reply and Merchandise Return Service)
• Address Information Products and Move Update
Participants will also receive information on design standards for Customized Market Mail, Repositionable Notes, Election Mail Logos, Privately Printed Labels and Reusable Envelopes. The certification exam can be taken online at the participant’s convenience.
The Professional Certificate Program was developed by the United States Postal Service in conjunction with industry leaders and nationally recognized postal consultants. The Professional Certificate Program is designed to provide opportunities for PCC members to receive training through the PCC and achieve the recognition that comes with continuing education.